Angela’s approach is based on cutting edge research and evidence-based practices.
Angela specializes in a strengths-based & family/person-centered approach with the intention of empowering her clients as an active participant in a holistic approach to their comprehensive care. She brings to her practice over 25 years of professional & practical, real-life experience in recovery and as a parent. She utilizes cutting edge research in the field of Co-Occurring Mental Health and Substance Abuse treatment and Traumatic Studies. She holds current Master License as an Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor(MLADC), License as a Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LCMHC), License as a Clinical Supervisor (LCS), and is Certified as a Compassion Fatigue Specialist with advanced clinical training in Trauma-Sensitive Practices & Parent-Child Interaction Therapy-A (PCIT-A) from The Trauma Center of the Justice Resource Institute near Boston. Angela also has an extensive background in Expressive Arts Therapies, Adventure Based Therapeutic Intervention, and maintains registration as a Therapy Dog Handler.
Since 2003, she has been teaching Yoga as a Registered Yoga Alliance Teacher (RYT) and Certified YogaKids Facilitator (CYKF). Angela’s innovative and collaborative spirit continues to bring Yoga into schools, the general public, and as part of health & wellness workshops/retreats including a specialized series at the Norris Cotton Cancer Center of Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. She has presented at National conferences and to general audiences on the topics of practical recovery & wellness strategies for teens and adults; Association for Experiential Education, New England Institute of Addictions Studies, North Country Education Foundation, Outward Bound, Teen Institute, and others.
Angela’s style is interactive, solution-focused, & developmentally adjusted to meet her clients in the present moment. Her intention is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. She integrates complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding grounded in her own personal recovery journey, she works with each individual to build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
Fully Accessible office locations in Littleton, Lisbon, & Hanover, New Hampshire.
Home-visits are available. Some insurance accepted & sliding scale fees are negotiable.
Click here to read Trauma-Informed Behavioral Healthcare Available AreaNewsTraumaInformed.2010
- Yoga Therapy in Practice: Trauma-Sensitive Yoga: Principles, Practice, and Research
- Emerson, D., Sharma, R., Chaudry, S., Turner, J., International Journal of Yoga Therapy, 19 (2009), pp. 123-128
- Yoga and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: An Interview with Bessel van der Kolk, M.D.
- Integral Yoga Magazine, (2009). pp. 12-13
- Applications of Dialectical Behavior Therapy on the Treatment of complex Trauma-Related Problems: When One Case Formulation Does not Fit All.
- Harned, M., Rizvi, S., Wagner, A., (2007). Journal of Traumatic Stress, 20(4), 391-400.
- A Sensorimotor Approach to Psychotherapy.
- Ogden, P., Minton, K., & Pain, C., (2006). W.W. Norton & Co., NY: 3-4.
- The Healing Power of Play.
- Gil, E., (1991). NY: Guilford Press
- Expressive Arts and Multimodal Approaches. In the Handbook of Art Therapy
- (C. Malchiodi, Ed.) (2003). Guilford Press: NY
- Art Therapy and the Brain. In the Handbook of Art Therapy (2003)
- MS Community Mental Health: Southern New Hampshire University, 2011
- MA Expressive Arts Therapies & Wilderness Based Substance Abuse
Treatment for Adjudicated Youth: Vermont College of Norwich University, 1991
- BFA with honors: Art Therapy & Graphic Design Illustration, Ohio University, 1984
- Master Licensed Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselor
- Certified Trauma Informed Specialist & Certified e-Therapy Provider
- Registered Yoga Teacher & YogaKids Faciliator
- Creative Leadership & Conflict Resolution
- Opening the Heart Therapeutic Strategies at Spring Hill, Ashby, MA (1993)
- Wilderness Emergency Medicine (1984-1996)
- Master Level Outward Bound Instructor (1984-1996)